3.05.2007











Smile


...Where we began

It's been so long since that day
that I first saw your face
and noticed the way you smiled
And I thank God everyday that I did.

Each time you do, each time
I'm back in that moment
hoping that this love is real
And I thank God everyday that it is.

As I sleep tonight,
I hope to dream of you
but only so that when I wake
I get to wake up next to you

Then I smile
because a clear dream of you
is worth far less than your reality
And I thank God everyday that it is.

But what would life be like
if I'd been born 30 years before you
in the neighborhood where you live?

If you passed my house on your bike
would I know it was you
by the way you smiled at me?

What would happen
if for some reason the world ended tonight
would it end you and I?

Would I be afraid?

And then you smile.

I am back...

No comments: