11.23.2006










Your end


The first fall of winter
a deep shade of red
flooding the streets
for the things that were said
the children are playing
their faces aglow
they can't wait to dive in
to the blood in the snow

It's painting the sidewalks
and drowning the yards
people line up
with their blood donor cards
they sign up and offer
their own to be spilled
this show has turned out
to be darker than billed

The stunned of the living
are walking the streets
more wake from the gurneys
and rise to their feet
so throw on your black shoes
dripping with blood
and take to the march
of this penitence flood

Disease from the wounded
hangs ripe in the air
like pains of the night
that you had the affair
so sit back, relax
and don't put up a fight
you have front row tickets
to opening night

The sharpest of knives
will cut deeper than bone
and show you just how
you die cold and alone
and when the band marches
across your black soul
I'll watch from the rooftops
and wave as they go

These darkest of days
came from morbid beliefs
that apologies offered
came through gritted teeth
so say your goodbyes
it's your final farewell
I'll savor your death
and I'll see you in hell

4 comments:

Kevin said...

It's been a while, I know, but there's more to come now.

cody said...

let's do the 1st write about the same thing before the weekend is over.

cody said...

wow. what is it like the time of the year or something. the last three poems aren't what i would call pick me uppers. i know it's dark outside lately but lets find something to put off the cutting for one more day.

Kevin said...

haha, sorry, been listening to My Chemical Romance a LOT lately. Ok, Let's write something about the beach maybe? Reason being I've got something cooked up already, just something short, but it'll be a good kick off. I'd love to do parallel stuff like we've been thinking, i'm really digging writing right now (regardless of quality). Let me know, and I'll post something up