11.07.2006

rain

if it weren't for the wetness
i would love the rain.
but something about the rains and hard winds
that can seep into my bones through my skin
reminds me of love.
but the the kind of rain that makes small rivers
that run down my driveway
and pool up against the curbs
like the pond of stagant water that
sits in my broken bathroom sink
makes me smile.
but before i go to sleep
I ask myself:
does anything smell as good as
wet concrete on a sunny day
or feel as good as
a fat rain drop running down my face
or sounds as good as the rain on a tin roof?
but of course the answer is yes:
the itchy smell of your perfume
the feel or your smooth skin against mine
with the sounds of the rain whispering to me
through my window.

-for mere

1 comment:

Dani said...

This is my favorite one. I love the rain. I hope that I am a rain-like girlfriend. beautiful