8.14.2006

Everything Is Gonna Be Alright












Everything Is Gonna Be Alright

Down the road to her house
Thinking about the way she loves me
Walking alone under that dim street light
I know everything is gonna be alright.

Her smiling face is waiting for me
She greets me at the door
As I look deeply into her eyes
I know everything is gonna be alright.

Everything's gonna be, gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
As long as she is standing by my side
I know everything is gonna be alright.

I lay down next to her head
She's warm and cuddled up in a dream
Think to myself it's a beautiful night
I know everything is gonna be alright.

Next day, she shows up at my door
brings me breakfast and a kiss
Sit on the porch in the soft sunlight
I know everything is gonna be alright.

Everything's gonna be, gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
As long as she is standing by my side
I know everything is gonna be alright.

5 years later nervous as can be
She's coming down the aisle
I've never seen her with a smile so bright
I know everything is gonna be alright.

Take the sold sign off the lawn
Walk into the empty house
She says I love you and holds me tight
I know everything is gonna be alright

Everything's gonna be, gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
As long as she is standing by my side
I know everything is gonna be alright.

Down the road to our house
Thinking about the way I love her
I see her face and know I was right
Everything is gonna be alright.

I know everything is gonna be alright.

-For Hayley

7 comments:

sandzsand said...

..lucky hayley! it's a quite romantic mmm..song. i guess it's a song, isn't it? you had some great pictures posted here. did you take it by yourself or else? well i just decided to follow up your post.

Kevin said...

Thanks. Yeah, it is a song. I have music for it, but I can't post that here obviously, so right now it's just the lyrics. I appreciate the comment.

cody said...

you should find a way to record post music. i'd be interested to hear.
and sandzsand the pictures are nothing special, i get most of my pictures from google. you'd have to ask kev where he gets his but i'd bet from somewhere similiar. we just spend time looking for the right one.

Kevin said...

Yeah, as far as the pictures go, I have an idea of what I want in a picture, and then I surf around to find the right one.

I would love to record this song, because personally I love it, but there are some obstacles in my way:

First, I need to fix my guitar (restring it). Second, I need to actually learn to play the melody. Then, I need to find some type of way of recording it. And then, after all that, the easy part would be transferring it to the computer and posting it.

Again, I'd love to, but it will take a while.

sandzsand said...

yeah, kev, i think you're good enough in writing lyrics. record some, make a mini album and you can earn some money, hehehe. if you've made a song, let me hear, would you?

Kevin said...

If I can get everything together and record one, I'll post it up here.

sandzsand said...

ye ye ye yeee, i'm waiting for it! ^__^