7.03.2006

Pen & Paper










Pen & Paper

Wet with ink from previous words
My fingers drown in black

Struggling to stay afloat
my hand slides across the parchment
the ink bleeds and smears
it relentlessly spills from my pen

Words run together
they blend and create something original
yet evince just the same

The pen is hard to grasp
the meaning is obscured
but the purpose that drips out is clear

Mistakes are shadowed
discontent is buried
the restraits are lifted
and expression is set free

If I don't notice soon
it may consume me
but I do not worry

When the end comes
and the ink recedes
the stains wipe clean

The black washes from my skin
the ink forms on the paper
I can see its final form
but it runs deeper

I am detatched for now
safe to touch
but that feeling lingers
like silence after a gun shot
it is palpable

So I wait
I know it's coming
I can see it

The next flood approaches

No comments: